Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brain Soup

Some random clips/(probably) fractured sentences/tangents from unfinished work:
OK I lied. The first one of part of a finished poem.

I'll let you catch me thinking.
You think I'm distracted my by own intelligence.
I'm really giving you the opportunity to study me,
unashamed.
...
You're not listening to what I say.
You're listening to the timbre of my voice.
--
Let me worship at the temple of your pain.
I can ruin you.
I can destroy your faith in love.
I have to create a mess to feel alive.
I have to break something to understand how it works.
I have to write my story in ink.
I have to bleed to feel clarity.
--
Let me steal a kiss.
Let me believe I'm stealing it.
--
I can't ruin this, but I can ruin you.
--
Your hands on the small of my back is all it takes
to remind me that I am not in control.
--
An excitement borne of the understanding that there are no boundaries, no rules yet.
Only unspoken questions demanding tangible, physical, immediate answers.
Speech is tangled, messy, wholly audible and at times unintelligible.
You find you possess both a tenderness and a violence you never imagined.
--
The metacarpophelangeal joint of the thumb is the sexiest part of the human hand.
So pronounced, so defined.
The tendons stand out on the backside of the hand like violin strings
when fists curl to grab sheets.
--
This is the good pain, the throbbing of blood through veins.
This is that dizzying high--my hands on your throat.
--
I try to hold back, I do.
I know my strength, and I know this isn't fair.
But I need to scar your delicate features,
to rip the sarcastic words from your tongue,
to redden these virginal sheets with the blood of my lust.
--
This was so much, too much.
Too close, too good, gasping too loudly,
and loving it too much to be embarrassed.
--
She didn't even expect to want me.
I didn't expect her to, either.
--
She commented that it was my fourth--fifth?--and I was still vertical. My only response was to pull her towards me with my free hand and push our mouths together. Somebody took the joint from her surprised fingers and before she realized what she was fully doing, those same fingers were under my jacket. Nobody paid us any mind. When our pot-sticky, smokey embrace ended she said she needed some fresh air, and a cigarette maybe even more. I lit her smoke and introduced myself.
--
I would say "yes" to anything she asked as long as her question was in the form of a kiss.
--
This is a dance, so lead on.

No comments:

Post a Comment