Monday, September 5, 2011

And Share Alike

You must know that I watch you.
I think you're afraid to watch me too.
There's a secret behind your smirk.
Something hidden, something dark.
Let's share secrets, let's find out.
Let's plant the seed and watch it sprout.
And dance beneath it's tangled limbs,
chanting ancient burial hymns.

Draw me a map. I'll decipher it.
Sketch me a maze and I'll delight in it.
I'll creep the alleys of your brain,
to find the treasure you contain.
I'll split that secret open wide.
There's no shame here, and no more pride.
I'll find your most delicious sins
and revel in them, drink them in.

I'm curious. You've struck a nerve.
I have to touch what I observe.
Something's lurking deep beneath.
That sarcastic mouth is just a sheath.
A shroud, a mask I'll rip away.
We're hand in hand. Come out and play.
Come frolic in our devilry.
Myself, our demons, and you makes three.

You can't fight a fighter or shock a freak.
Let me inside, give me a peek.
Let me taste your pain tonight.
I don't hit much, but I do bite.
Reveal your inner horror show.
Gasoline on the fire? How apropos.
I'll push your senses past taboo.
Don't worry. I show you mine, too.


(c) 2011 Adrienne Shonio

No comments:

Post a Comment